Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hermès Chat Thread

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    WOW!
    HANDBAG NIRVANA

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    WOW!!!!
    OK...this is the way i need to start off every day...looking at your bags,shoes,and boots
    yes I would get a 35cm for sure.
    I know the measurements of a 35cm are 15X12X8..is that correct Rana? (Which is inbetween a city and a work in balenciaga speak) so thats totally a good size. I still want the Birkin to have some feminine charm, and I agree if it goes bigger it lookes more like a holdall than a handbag, And i want to carry it on a everday basis.
    Last edited by wrapitup; 02-24-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    HANDBAG NIRVANA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is my old 40cm. I'll be honest - I hated the size, and I like larger bags. I use the 35cms the most. Hermes also makes a shoulder birkin. The older JPG shoulder birkins were very, very heavy, and I was constantly bumping into everything with them because of the length. They now make one that is a bit lighter, but I still think they are too cumbersome although many women absolutely love them.

ebenebirkin2.jpg

jpgfamily1s.jp.jpg

jpgaction2.jp.jpg

"I want my flying car!" - DH

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    Its the 35cm...for sure!!!
    WOW!!!!! Is all i can say! :-)

I would actually LOVE a Orange 35cm Birkin ..but being realistic..I would get MUCH more wear out of a Black...I also love the Gold HW over silver...But TBH would get a silver if the leather and the price was right ;-)
    I am going to look into renting one for a week or so..see how I like it. I think!
    Last edited by wrapitup; 02-24-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    HANDBAG NIRVANA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrapitup View Post
    WOW!!!!
    OK...this is the way i need to start off every day...looking at your bags,shoes,and boots
    yes I would get a 35cm for sure.
    I know the measurements of a 35cm are 15X12X8..is that correct Rana? (Which is inbetween a city and a work in balenciaga speak) so thats totally a good size. I still want the Birkin to have some feminine charm, and I agree if it goes bigger it lookes more like a holdall than a handbag, And i want to carry it on a everday basis.
    The 35cm is not 15 x 12 x 8. The actual measurement can vary a bit depending on the bag and the leather used, but most of mine are closer to 14 inches wide at the base, around 11 inches tall, and approximately 7.25 to 7.5 inches deep at the base. Each bag will vary a bit depending on the skin used.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ranag View Post
    The 35cm is not 15 x 12 x 8. The actual measurement can vary a bit depending on the bag and the leather used, but most of mine are closer to 14 inches wide at the base, around 11 inches tall, and approximately 7.25 to 7.5 inches deep at the base. Each bag will vary a bit depending on the skin used.
    OK...I was looking at some listings on Ebay and I suppose they rounded it off? Anyway...thanks SO MUCH!!!!!
    HANDBAG NIRVANA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
    Its the 35cm...for sure!!!
    WOW!!!!! Is all i can say! :-)

I would actually LOVE a Orange 35cm Birkin ..but being realistic..I would get MUCH more wear out of a Black...I also love the Gold HW over silver...But TBH would get a silver if the leather and the price was right ;-)
    I am going to look into renting one for a week or so..see how I like it. I think!
    I use my black birkins the most. I have both gold and silver hardware and use both of them equally. Hardware color really is a matter of personal preference, as is leather type and size. What color jewelry do you wear most? I switch between gold and silver all the time, and I like the hardware on my bags to match the color of accessories I am wearing (I am a bit anal about that...lol). I think renting the bag is a good idea! They are strictly hand carry bags (although some tiny women can fit them on their shoulder but it was not meant to be carried that way), so if you are not carrying a bag by hand all the time, it can take getting used to. I was a shoulder bag person for many, many years, and now I prefer hand carry to shoulder bags

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I use my black birkins the most. I have both gold and silver hardware and use both of them equally. Hardware color really is a matter of personal preference, as is leather type and size. What color jewelry do you wear most? I switch between gold and silver all the time, and I like the hardware on my bags to match the color of accessories I am wearing (I am a bit anal about that...lol). I think renting the bag is a good idea! They are strictly hand carry bags (although some tiny women can fit them on their shoulder but it was not meant to be carried that way), so if you are not carrying a bag by hand all the time, it can take getting used to. I was a shoulder bag person for many, many years, and now I prefer hand carry to shoulder bags
    You can crook of arm carry a 35cm bag tho right????? not just hand????
    HANDBAG NIRVANA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can crook of arm carry a 35cm bag tho right????? not just hand????
    You can carry it on your forearm depending on the size. The 25cm bags are strictly hand carry for me because the handles are too small to fit on my forearm. Have you considered a larger Kelly bag? You have the option of carrying it with the shoulder strap. I like the larger Kelly's - the 40cm size is a favorite of mine, and it holds about as much as a 35cm Birkin.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^^^
    Actually, I can fit the 25 over my arm, but I wear large watches and bracelets, and the handles get caught, and it is a huge hassle. You can carry the 35 on your arm easily. If you carry a lot of heavy items though, it can get tiring until you are used to it. I carry way too much junk with me, and I find that lately I am constantly switching hands/arms with the bags. Sometimes my husband carries them for me when I am tired...lol!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    You can carry it on your forearm depending on the size. The 25cm bags are strictly hand carry for me because the handles are too small to fit on my forearm. Have you considered a larger Kelly bag? You have the option of carrying it with the shoulder strap. I like the larger Kelly's - the 40cm size is a favorite of mine, and it holds about as much as a 35cm Birkin.
    It has to be a Birkin and it has to fit on my forearm..PERIOD...haha. I need to look at lots of pics.

I carry the same stuff in all my bags...I'm used to it, I am also very used to larger bags, The Celine Phantom and the Balenciaga work and now the Givenchy Nightingale, All larger sized bags.
    This is an idea of what I carry on a day to day basis, This is in my Celine phantom, and the measurements here are 12x12x10...with wings closed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wrapitup; 02-24-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    HANDBAG NIRVANA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have some very wide items that you carry with you. This is pretty much what I carry in all of my larger bags. I don't like stacking items in my bags because I find it to be a hassle to have to rummage through everything...lol

IMG_4098s.jpg

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah I may have to par down? I dont know...maybe I need to rethink who i am and what I carry
    HANDBAG NIRVANA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How much Birkin costs in store, any ideas?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123