Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online Authentication Services for PP & Ebay Claims

Permanently Banned on BBC dslm4's Avatar
    Liked 141 Times in 108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyLover

It is sad, but doesn't surprise me, since ebay owns PP. Ebay is all about their bottom line, and the more completed sales, the more money for them, authentic or not. They never have been so great at pulling auctions that are reported. It actually wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were found out that they have a hand in MP in one way or another.

OH MY!! I am thinking the same thing, could they owned mypoupette.com? pfftttttt, this is the answer I think. Shame on them if it is.

Spend in Charity, for the benefit of your soul.

I'm on a bag ban with my Elvis buddy

Liked 46 Times in 37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dslm4

OH MY!! I am thinking the same thing, could they owned mypoupette.com? pfftttttt, this is the answer I think. Shame on them if it is.

LOL!  That WOULD explain the lack of response and selling of fakes!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Seriously, it would explain a lot! Forget the people that are actually helping buyers by authenticating bags for them, we will only accept the opinion of those who will take your money and not give you an answer...

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie

Hahah! So true

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hahah! So true

Well, I am very much NOT happy about this, as A4U provides a very reputable service and has always been prompt in responding and helping buyers.  And A4U has priovided many such statements prior for ebay/PP disputes.

And My Poup has been horrid and nothing but unreliable. There are MANY online auth services superior to MP.

PP needs to get it's act together and IF they are going to enact some "policy" then they need to publish it. 

Well, I am very much NOT happy about this, as A4U provides a very reputable service and has always been prompt in responding and helping buyers.  And A4U has priovided many such statements prior for ebay/PP disputes.

And My Poup has been horrid and nothing but unreliable. There are MANY online auth services superior to MP.

PP needs to get it's act together and IF they are going to enact some "policy" then they need to publish it. 

Totally agree!!

PP should make it clear if they are only going to take statement from such and such, this should avoid the unecesarry run around for the buyer and for them to give such a short time to get the statement, the fees for 24-48 hrs is so high.

Authenticate4u has offer best service and very reasonable price, and for PP to say their statement is not acceptable by them is beyond me..BangHeadonWall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does this also eliminate Caroldiva ?

Do you think it's some kind of partner sharing venture between the two companies that would prompt this type of change?

~*~*~Stay in touch with Effen Haute Become a Fan on Facebook ~*~
    ♥Fendi♥Bal♥LV♥BV♥Chl oe♥Mulberry♥MiuMiu♥

Ticker Target weight Reset - Final LDW - on Sept 29, 2011

Yesterday I sent out an email to about 15 PP email addys that I dug up.  My inquiry was concerning (a) why a statement by a 3rd party provider might be accepted many times over, but then suddenly 1 not accepted and (b) IF indeed PP was creating some policy as to a LIST of preferred or approved providers for AUTH SERVICE.

And TODAY I received a call from a lovely fella w/ PP Escalations in Nebraska.

And basically, what I understood from this convo is the following:

1. There is not an approved or disapproved list for 3rd party service providers.  If a buyer files a SNAD for counterfeit and is told by PP to acquire a "written statement of non-auth", it is up to the buyer to locate a legitimate and credible source for such service.  A PP rep may offer suggestions based on their own knowledge/experience, but PP itself has no LIST to provide, nor require such service from.

2. When documentation is provided to PP in a claim, all documentation goes to one central location, without regard as to what country the PP claim originated.  Such documentation is reviewed and it is then up to the reviewer to approve or disapprove submitted doc(s).  Reasons were not/are not given as to why documentation might be rejected.  This would be on a case-by-case basis, and is at the reviewers discretion.  Buyers may submit more than 1 doc. 

SO... to the best of my understanding from this conversation, if a buyer is required to submit a written statement of non-auth, they do need to obtain such, and may obtain such any provider of their choosing.  However, once submitted, it will be up to a PP reviewer to either accept or reject same. 

PP does have guidelines as to the providers being a valid 3rd party service provider, using letterhead, providing contact info, credentials, etc.... so having one's BFF write this letter is not going to fly.  But, other than that, as long as the provider is legit, PP says they do not place limits on whom a buyer may choose to use.  However, there is also no guarantee that ANY provider's documentation will be accepted.

Liked 66 Times in 55 Posts

So, basically, from his advice to you-  there is no single approved authenticator, and it is dependent on the PP employee who is reviewing  the case in question.  And that person may or may not have any experience or knowledge regarding bag authentications.

To be fair, it must be a bit of a stress for some poor soul who is trying to determine whether a valid and professional opinion has been submitted, with no prior experience in the bag world.  If needed,  I would personally put my faith in the services I have used successfully- ie- A4u, and see where that takes me.  

Perhaps a list of constantly reviewed and approved authenticators would be a helpful move.  

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fake Spotters have never, to date (and to their knowledge), had a Statement rejected, for any reason, by eBay, or PayPal (or a credit card company).

Not every client lets them know the outcome of their dispute/claim, unfortunately; but I would assume that clients would have let them know, if it had ever happened?

Well, as in regards to A4U service, I personally know that A4U's statements of non-auth have been accepted many times by both Ebay and PP since. 

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1) I also spoke with ebay in the past about a list of approved authenticators and I was told that there is no such thing.

2) How the hell is My Poupette still in business?   I think they are only getting away with this because the people they scam only send them like $6 -- so they don't fight oit because it's only a few bucks they've lost.  But they have scammed people out of a lot of moeny this way =(

click the pink deer to check out my etsy shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylula

1) I also spoke with ebay in the past about a list of approved authenticators and I was told that there is no such thing.

2) How the hell is My Poupette still in business?   I think they are only getting away with this because the people they scam only send them like $6 -- so they don't fight oit because it's only a few bucks they've lost.  But they have scammed people out of a lot of moeny this way =(

Hi Tylula, for me, unfortunately it wasn't only $6 as I've paid for 24-48 hours service, and I paid $58 I think, so if by any chance there are others, and if 10 people paying $58 each, then they just scooped $580 for doing nothing. That is real bad! It's a scam and they get away with it!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'd just like to point out that there is NO specific list for Authentication Services, and that eBay and PayPal state that they WILL accept Written Statements from varying companies - those mentioned were Authenticate4u.com, MyPoupette, Etincelier, FakeSpotters - therefore - whilst they state they will accept the Statements - it can - and is - often down to the individual Representative who is working on the specific case. I think its important that the Authentication services do have bona fide addresses/registered and checkable. I also think that its important that NO service is specifically recommended, and NO service can be complacent - Each client has the right to a good service at a fair price - and whilst I appreciate that each Service will have its Fee structure - its up to that Service to base their Fees on what they feel is appropriate.

I'd also like to point out that clients don't always tell the truth - and we are aware that on occasion,  Statements have been submitted previously in respect of a Claim - which had been rejected - i.e., written by a friend - and therefore - the integrity of that client/claimant is then - without doubt - called into question.

This really shouldn't be about 'scoring brownie points' - Sneaky

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast