Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swedish Hasbeens- comfortable?

Liked 66 Times in 55 Posts

Swedish Hasbeens- comfortable?

I really would like a pair of these for work this summer, but I have no idea if they are comfortable, as I keep reading conflicting reviews!
    And to get the High, or the Superhigh?
    Is there anyone with any experience?

I used to have some wooden clogs back in the day, Lol!

http://www.swedishhasbeens.com/our-products.php

Super Moderator
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry I can't help! Haven't heard of them before actually. They look cute for clogs!

Don't buy puppies from pet stores. Support Oscar's Law.
    A small effort can make a huge difference. The 13 project:
    ADOPT If you can't adopt, FOSTER
    If you can't foster, SPONSOR If you can't sponsor, VOLUNTEER
    If you can't volunteer, DONATE If you can't donate, EDUCATE

Liked 51 Times in 38 Posts
    I wonder whether Annaswe will have any input, if she sees this? I must say I've never heard of them - the name makes me think of faded old popstars LOL

I tried on some Topshop lookalikes today, and am in love. Debating whether to get those, or buy the real thing, at more than double the price.
    I love wooden soled shoes- they are so cooling to wear- the only problem is that they do not bend, so you have to remember that, as you clomp along!
    Yes- I agree, Tortie- the brand name did make me think of exactly the same!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hello there, Tortie directed me to this link. And no surprise here, I have several hasbeens and love them !
    I would go for the real deal Mish, they have put so much care and effort in to making them, miles better than cheaper copies when it comes to comfort and durability.
    As for the height, the higher are chicer imo but I can't wear them, just don't do heels so I only have the lower ones (sold my higher ones).
    What colour/model are you thinking of?

Hi Annaswe- thank you for commenting!
    I am looking at the peeptoe superhigh- I do wonder if it as high as it looks? Should I go for the high?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    A perfect choice, that is one of the nicest models I think. Not extremely high, very nice. Do you normally wear heals? What colour? Its surprising how soft they feel to walk in.

I will wear them for work, and am on my feet most of the day, but I thought that with the platform at the front, the height will seem less? I usually wear a lowish heel.
    I am looking at the black- I know it is a 'safe' choice, but we have to wear neutral colours.
    Are they really soft? I know they have to be broken in a little.

... maybe I should go for the 'high'? I worry about tottering along on too high shoes!
    Have you owned the 'superhigh', Anna?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't think they are really tottering high Mish but then I have to be honest and say that they were to high for me, but most heels are . I had three different pairs of super high, forgot the name of the other model, but sold them. This has more to do with a leg injury I have than the height, I did keep my "high" ones and they are good.
    If you worry about them don't go for the super high, although not being able to wear them I still think they a re the nicest looking, but the "high" are lovely as well.
    black is a good and safe option and if you get bittten by the bug you can always add colour at later stage. I had red and some of my friends have blue, orange, yellow...all looking great in the summer!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Oh and to asnswer your question, I think they are really comfortable but as you say take a bit of wearing in, the leather needs a bit of softening and I guess you walk slightly different in a hard shoe like this, although it feels really soft to wear at the same time if that makes sense...

Thank you! I am going to have a think- the Topshop lookalikes are every so slightly lower- trying them on did help, so maybe I will take the plunge for the Super High!
    Or maybe the High! LOL

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I saw a lady with a pair of black peeptoe "high" today and thought of you lol! They were very nice and would probably be perfect for a day on your feet .

I am still horribly undecided- they only have the black/black High at the moment in my size. But that would be ok I think, as the dyed wood would be more suitable for work.
    I crept into Topshop, and stealthily measured their version, which is the same heel height as the super High..... and that was comfortable too.
    Comfort is all! Thanks, Anna!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mish, am curious to hear if you got a pair of Hasbeens and in that case which height

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast